Monday, November 30, 2009

Belated Thanksgiving Post

Shoveling four inches of new snow wasn't something I planned to add to my to-do list on Thanksgiving Day. When framed differently, though, I got to have 40 or so minutes of peace and quiet that I was not going to get inside the house. I saw the tail end of a beautiful sunrise that I would otherwise have missed. Then I reminded myself to be thankful that I was able-bodied enough to be able to shovel my driveway. It was actually one of the best parts of the day.

2 comments:

  1. It is good to enjoy the peace and quiet wherever we can get it!

    I am sure it wasn't fun to shovel - but I am very envious of your snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all melting off now, but we'll get more later. 35 degrees in Alaska in December is weird.

    ReplyDelete