Tuesday, June 7, 2011

New Roles... Maybe

This weekend two different people approached me about taking on roles that I would not have thought of for myself. One of these options I am seriously considering, but I am pretty sure the other one is not something I want to do even though I am interested in the subject matter. Both conversations took me totally by surprise, but were extremely complimentary. It is always encouraging to see what others see in you that you never see in yourself, but it also stops you short. You think of yourself as a certain kind of person, but someone else sees the you who is past your limitation. Scary, but cool.

On second thought, I said there were only two, but Heather at Nagoonberry has practically made a hobby of encouraging me to stretch beyond my complacent comfort zone. She is wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. You? Complacent? I imagine you with a superhero cape & magic wristbands, and it simply doesn't occur to me that your comfort zone might be finite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That is exactly what I am talking about. I read something on Twitter recently that went something like, "you know the idea of those people who have it all together is just a myth, right?"

    ReplyDelete