Friday, July 3, 2009

Palin Resignation

Well, at least I know what everyone will be talking about at the office on Monday. I am working very hard right now to remember the inherent worth and dignity of Sarah Palin.

There is a lot that bothers me about this, but one of them is discourtesy. Palin had a meeting with Mark Begich, our newest U. S. Senator two days ago and never mentioned she was considering stepping down. The President of the Alaska State Senate didn't get so much as a courtesy phone call or e-mail. The President of the Republican Governors Association got a phone call minutes before her announcement. Unfortunately, that lack of consideration is what I've come to expect from Palin by now.

The lefty Alaska blogs are abuzz about possible federal corruption charges. I don't know if there is anything to them, so they are just rumours at this time. That's all Alaska needs, another corruption scandal. I almost hope it's true because quitting your responsibilities because people pick on you is not a reason to leave executive office. Welcome to politics. I've never voted for Palin, but those Alaskans who did should be pretty pissed off right about now. Right or wrong, the feeling up here is that she has abandoned this state for the national stage, but we elected her to do a job for four stinkin' years. She has a little over a year left in her term and she couldn't stick it out?

Once upon a time, before July 2008, I disagreed with Palin about a lot of things, but I thought she was a good role model for my girls. She balanced a family, a successful carreer, and faith and she did it all in style, without seeming to break a sweat. Over the last year I've pretty much done a 180 on that one. The message she sent to girls today was that when the going gets tough, just quit and find something more exciting to do.

1 comment:

  1. "I am working very hard right now to remember the inherent worth and dignity of Sarah Palin."

    FWIW Strange Attractor you are doing quite a bit better than Knoxville KY U*U minister Rev. Cynthia P. Cain in that regard. . . ;-)

    ReplyDelete