Sunday, April 19, 2009

Prayer Beads

I'd like to make myself a set of goddess-themed prayer beads for use in meditation. A friend of mine has a beautiful set, but they were a gift and I haven't been able to find what I want online.

My making them, I'll be able to set up any type of pattern I like, but what do I want? I had been thinking about a circle with three sections, each section with nine beads. Maybe I'll separate those sections with larger beads. I could add a tail of three beads with an emblem, but is a tail really necessary or just what I am used to seeing on Catholic rosaries?

I've been searching and I'm putting together a list of prayers to or meditations on the feminine. I prefer the idea of meditations since I'm coming from a Jungian rather than a petitionary framework. I know I want to include a feminized version of the Prayer of St. Francis because it is one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard.

Does anyone else use prayer beads? What works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment